Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yosemite bound

Sunday we head out to Yosemite for 2 nights. I made reservations awhile ago, hoping the whole family could just relax in one of the world's most beautiful places. Brian has commitments, Tyler and Diane really don't want to go, and Danielle is OK with it. I was personally hoping for a little family retreat, a small mini vacation with just the family, where all the distractions of every day life are gone, and we all look inward to the one most important thing: our family, our health, and our love for one another. Maybe it's too soon because Di is still recuperating, but she reluctantly said OK, because it really means a lot to me. So off we go, our 30 foot trailer is going to be our home for the next three days, warding off the bears and cold. Either it will be a fun time, or I will be the ugly Dog for forcing the family to do this. I will keep you posted.
Diane is not coughing as much, she can begin to taste a very small amount in her mouth, but is still not eating much and still needs her rest. A couple of hours activity and that's it. She mentioned yesterday that she is thinking of going back to the gym next week, so that's progress!
I went to my Pilates class on Friday, after a very long absence, and it hurts just to bend over and tie my shoes. A good hurt though.
Till next time!

1 comment:

Jennie in Aussie Land said...

Hi Fidelibus'

Hope you ALL enjoyed your trip to Yosemite. It is certainly a great place to try and unwind. Good to hear you are slowly getting your taste back Diane.

XXXXX